How do I enable Mass Messaging?
If you're already familiar with new industry requirements and you send more than 1000 messages a day, here's the short story:
To register your brand and enable mass messages String will need your:
- Legal business name.
- DBA, if any.
- EIN; Non-profit 501(c)3 number; or SSN if you are a sole proprietor. For your personal security, we always recommend acquiring an EIN even as a sole proprietor.
- Company & admin contact info.
- An example of the type of message you plan to send.
- You can submit your information here.
- Please specify if you are a: registered Non-profit, Sole Proprietor, Emergency Services provider. Differing rates and regulations may apply. String is not intended for sweepstakes or political-use campaigns.
- A one-time $50 registration fee.
The Long Story:
To enable your mass messaging, mobile carriers now require any business using an A2P (application-to-person) platform to text their customers, to register their brand and text campaigns with The Campaign Registry (TCR). Every A2P platform, such as String, must comply with these new regulations.
If you send less than 1000 messages a day, you don’t need to do anything. For more high-volume text campaigns, like marketing, advertising and promotions, the TCR asks for a few more details.
Great question! With text message marketing receiving a 98% open rate, mass messaging provides the customer engagement opportunities you don’t want to miss. Mobile carriers are phasing out pricey short codes starting at $1000 a month. Mobile networks have instead introduced a new system using traditional 10 digit long codes. Also known as 10DLC’s, this approach hopes to make reaching your customers more affordable, immediate, and accessible.
Avoid spam filters and mobile carriers rejecting your messages.
With String, you can send personalized mass messages at higher speeds and, as a verified business, bolster your clients' confidence in your credibility. The new 10DLC system creates more stringent mechanisms to prevent fraudulent messages from reaching their customers.
Unregistered mass messages risk automatic rejection and throttling from mobile networks. Verified businesses get sanctioned priority through mobile carriers, allowing them to more quickly reach and interact with their contacts.
We’ve done our best to streamline this process for you so you can start sending mass messages as soon as possible.
If you plan to use String for much higher-volume or special use campaigns, our stellar support team is here to help.