A group chat (also referred to as a group text) is a great way to interact and collaborate with friends, family, and colleagues all at once. Send one message to multiple contacts to initiate the conversation and all recipients can read and send responses to the group.
Here's how to initiate a group chat in your account:
- Login to your String account
- Click on the phone number / inbox you want to use (if you have more than one number)
- Click the to create a new conversation
- Enter more than one contact name or phone number in the action bar
- Select Group Chat
- You can then enter your message, add attachments, apply a template, and use emojis as you so desire
- Click the in the upper right section of the conversations screen to give the chat a clever, memorable name for easy recall
- For faster filtering, create or add the conversation to a List
Not sure if you should send a group chat or a mass message, the following article will help you know the difference:
NOTE: Group chat will be available in String 2.0. Coming soon!