Meeting with another client and can't reply to your messages? Home making dinner for the kiddos and can't check your phone for awhile? Pausing for a power nap or jumping in the water for a quick afternoon surf?
Acknowledging texts while away is crucial for confirming that you've received a message and also maintaining crucial client or community communications.
No worries! String has you covered. Easily set customizable away messages to ensure your contacts know you've received their messages.
To set an Away Message:
- Login to your String account
- In the left sidebar menu, select the phone number(s) you want to set as away
- In the drop-down menu under that number, click on Auto Replies
- In the upper right corner, click on Available to change your status to Unavailable
- Away messages won't work without an unavailable status
- Click the button to create a draft
- Select an audience for your away message
- Everyone - everyone who messages you will receive your away message
- Someone from a specific list - click on a list to reply with an away message to contacts from a specific list
- A known contact - anyone from your established String Contacts or that you have had a String conversation with
- An unknown contact - anyone you have never saved their contact info in your String Contacts or that you have no String conversation history with
- Add the Away Message in the text box
- Click on the to insert first name personalization fields
- Click Done to save your message
- Deactivate other drafts and keyword responders
- Click on activate to enable the appropriate away reply
Toggle Away Message On/Off
Click the Available or Unavailable icon in the top right corner from anywhere in your account to change your availability status.
Can I have more than one away message?
Set up as many away messages as you need. Available away messages are listed in the left column. If you have more than one away message, you will want to distribute it to a different list than the other away message(s).
Activating and Deactivating away messages
- To activate or deactivate an away message: Click on the Status next to the messages to Activate or Deactivate it.