Tag! You're it!
Tags offer another way to find conversations, label and create groups to quickly send messages to segmented contacts.
In your inbox, simply click on Contacts and open the contact you would like to tag.
Add a tag
- Under the Contact's name, go to Tags at the top of the contact entry
- Click on the and enter a tag description
Remove a tag
- Simply click on the white X within the tag. For instance:
String automatically saves changes. Click the grey X in the upper corner of the contact entry to close the contact entry.
Filtering your inbox
Here's how to access your filters while browsing your inbox:
- Click the icon to filter conversations in your inbox(s)
- Here you can select from any of your unread or unresponded messages, lists and tags
- Simply click on the tags you would like to filter for and String filter conversations with contacts containing those tags.
- Note that if you click more than one tag, you might yield no results in your view. In these cases, you can click a tag to remove it from your filter.
If you have Mass Messaging enabled, you can also use tags to quickly send Mass Messages to specific groups of contacts you have labeled with tags.
- Click on the phone number you would like to use in the left sidebar menu
- Click on Mass Messages
- Click on an existing draft or click on the to create a new message
- Create the title and text message
- Click on the icon at the bottom right corner of your text draft to include first name personalization for your Contacts with saved first names.
- Select Recipients
- Scroll down to select the tags for groups of contacts you would like to include
Can I add and remove tags from contacts in bulk?
While there is currently no option to add or remove tags in bulk, please let us know if this is a feature you typically utilize. We always appreciate feedback! We will pass it on to our developers to potentially include in a coming String release.